HELLINGLY BOWLS CLUB RULES
HELLINGLY BOWLS CLUB
SAFEGUARDING VULUNERABLE ADULTS AND CHILDREN POLICYSTATEMENT
HELLINGLY BOWLS CLUB
Affiliated to BOWLS ENGLAND
NOTICE OF CHILD AND AT RISK (VULNERABLE) ADULT PROTECTION POLICY
Hellingly Bowls Club fully accepts its legal and moral obligation to exercise its duty of care and to protect all children and vulnerable adults participating in its activities, and to safeguard their welfare.
We are committed to do this by acknowledging that:
the welfare of the individual is paramount;
each individual irrespective of age, gender, religion, race or disability has the right to protection from abuse;
each individual has a right to be safe, and to be treated with respect and dignity We shall use our best endeavours to ensure that:
all allegations of abuse are taken seriously;
the response to them is swift and appropriate;
the effectiveness of our policy is reviewed annually;
a responsible person shall be appointed annually as Welfare Officer to whom members can address any concerns
Mrs. Fran Doe
Club Welfare Officer
HEALTH & SAFETY -
Hellingly Bowling Club is committed to encouraging our members to take part,in the health, well-
To support our Health & Safety policy statement we are as far as is reasonably practicable committed to the following duties:
• To provide and maintain a safe place of work, safe systems of work, safe equipment and a healthy and safe working environment.
• To ensure that hazards are identified and regular assessments of risks are undertaken.
• To provide information, instruction and training as is necessary to ensure personnel are assured of a safe and healthy working environment.
• Promoting the awareness of health and safety and encouraging health and safety best practice throughout the club.
• To ensure we are taking the appropriate protective and preventative measures.
• To ensure that we have access to competent advice and are able to secure compliance with our statutory duties.
In order that we can achieve our objectives, and ensure our personnel recognise their duties under health and safety legislation whilst at work; we must ensure that they inform them of their duty to take reasonable care of themselves and others that may be affected by their activities.
Adopted by Club Management Committee 23rd May 2016
Club Competition Rules